Friday 8 June 2012

Good Morning, Unique and inspiring others who dare to express. Welcome to just being you.

How fortunate are we to have these awesome tools that contact so many in just a few seconds. Wow!

Today, well, truth, I don't have any inspiring words. I'm a bit flat after an event on the weekend left me a little bruised emotionally. There's no need of the story behind it just that it happened and well I'm more aware because of it.

Moving to today. I thought I might share my dream. Who knows what may come if I put it out there?

I'm a fairly creative being. I like to do things with my wonderful hands that seem to be able to accomplish, writing, crochet, needle work, painting and quilling, more. How fortunate I am to be so lucky? I appreciate these gifts because my family history has Rheumatoid arthritis on it's top billing. My mother and my sister both have very enlarged knuckles and joints in their hands. I am very fortunate that has not occurred, perhaps it's due to touch typing and working them every day? It's what I do, using my hands that rocks my world, so I will endeavour to work them for a very long time.

Any way I've digressed, I'm good at that :)

There's a shop front on the north side, it's cute and has a beautiful large glass panel. It's for lease. Well I've imagined working from there, having classes teaching knitting, crochet, needlepoint, sewing, card making and quilling. I thought perhaps I'd have a set up of tables and serve coffee with crossiants or sweet rolls in the morning, at lunch coffee and sandwiches, and of course afternoon tea with teas from all around the world and home made fruit cake and then classes during the quiet parts of the day. That's my dream. Where do I start? The venue ... I have one in mind. What's next? How does one put a dream into practical existence? A biz plan, yes that's underway. Then am I the one who could? would? Should do it? I'm a firm believer in living the dream and going for gold that's why we are here. One lady asked me yesterday if I'd be interested in starting a coffee shop in the area?  Yes was my immediate response and serval creative statements popped out of my mouth like wall colour and what to serve, without thinking :) love that imaginative narrative brain.

Sure, I have the desire, I like to work, I love to talk and people are always always entertaining (in a fun, funny and good way), Sure, I have the talent, I've been in admin for more than 10 years, balancing books is a gift for me from my passion with mathematics, yes I have a well practised recipe for fruit cake handed down through the family from 100 years ago and honestly who doesn't like coffee/tea? Not a judgement on those who don't, just another passion again from this Australian Woman

Ahh yes then creaps in the ever present .... Where will you obtain the $ to do such a thing? To start a business pay oneself for 6 months (allow 15k), pay the rent for 6 months while one builds a client base (allow $18k), have some stock (allow $12k), obtain advertising (allow $5k), all up about $50k. Obviously this is conservative and there are items I have not mentioned because it's not a novel, it's a blog site. Do we have anyone interested in investing in a dream? Do we know where they are? Please tell me, I'm happy to make the first move.                         What else is possible?

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a blog for support a wahp yesterday that talks about this very thing. My advice is do it. Make sure your communications plan is as detailed as your financials and that your pricing values what you are offering in service and product. don't try and diversify if things look slow, and if at all possible PLEASE do your best to do it alone. You can because it's your passion. Don't be lulled into a sense of safety that another becomes enthusiastic because of your passion. Note the word become. Best of luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amanda, it is awesome to receive your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete