Tuesday 26 March 2013


What if it’s all as simple as laughing out loud?

I’ve been working at finding how to change the trauma drama events in my life that just aren’t working for me. I believe we are all doing that in some degree, looking at ways to make things “better”.
I saw a bunch of kites from a distance and drove towards them to watch. I’m ok with watching people having fun, it brings a smile to me to know others find joy in different ways than I would. I watched them for ages, jumping in the air as they are supported by the kite, skimming along the water at great speed. I don’t know this guy yet look at him in the picture, he’s having fun, it’s not something I’d choose to do, yet it works for him. This brought me to a space of joy for him. I began to laugh. I felt even better. I felt good because I was watching him have fun. This made me wonder ..... What if it’s all as simple as laughing? I’m aware of the saying “laughter is the best medicine” and I’m wondering .... What if that’s all that’s actually required?
What if laughter is what’s required to change everything? It’s not going to work at a funeral or over someone’s injury. That’s not where I’m coming from, it’s about every day situations that usually make us reactive, angry, in rage, furious, sad, or frustrated. What if we try something different? How can we be in judgement if we are laughing? How can we be at war if we are laughing? Anger and laughter just can’t exist in the same moment. Like judgement and gratitude can’t exist together. You’re aware of events, you’re crying and the cat jumps from behind the couch and spins in the air and you start laughing, or, the baby eats the dirt instead of the sandwich, it’s just a simple thing yet it makes one laugh and feel better. What if we start changing to laughing at everything. It’s all funny eventually right! If we go to the past and think on how something upset us and then look at it now we wonder how stooopid (meaning lack of awareness, not dumb) it’s hilarious now and why did it upset us. I’m wondering if we can take it further? Everything is funny. So what if we laugh at everything and then what if from that, anything becomes a reality not just a possibility. Am I making sense?
So what if we start laughing more? Laughing, get the kids laughing, carry stuff with us that makes us laugh. What if we all do it? Begin laughing and what if we see someone having fun and become more joyous because they are having fun and we laugh and we feel better too. I wonder what will occur? What if it is truly all that is required ... simply laughing?

No comments:

Post a Comment