Thursday 24 May 2012

Currently I read post after post, all over, facebook, blogging, emails, newsletters and there's an awareness happening throughout them. Bring it on. Awareness of our planet, awareness of each other and the gift that each of us is. There's no one like each one. How cool is that?

I've just read an article from Article written by the Last Ocean’s Peter Young in response to an attack by NZ Economist Gareth Morgan. This ran in the NZ Herald on April 24, 2012.

What would it take to have more awareness?

I have this bee that visits my little unit. At first I was afraid of it, it's huge, like the size of a finch, I'm going to attempt to get a photo after talking it over with a very awesome lady.

When the bee first visited me, there were stinging things all around me, my home had been infested with spiders, I felt like I was a cocoon for a while, the wasps had built a nest at my front door and then the bee at the back. Whooee. What was going on? I asked, and I asked, not just me others I asked as well. It's just not the time for such activity.

I've always believed creatures have a communicative energy. Ever heard the dog speak to you? the cat? How excited your pets become when you're home with them? Horses almost speak, so do some dogs. There's been many recorded cases. Well, kind of half sheepishly, again after encouragement from the same awesome lady. I spoke to the bee. It's fortunate I live alone and that my home has no real neighbours. I admit I felt like a weirdo.

Imagine .... that, no response. What was I thinking. The bee just flew right up to the door and sort of froze mid flight in front of me. It was a bit daunting. For a bee it was very large.

Then it moved off.

Well, not the answer I was expecting. When is the answer from the universe what you expect?

To my surprise the bee continued to visit. It's been several weeks. It may even be every day, I work so I'm not sure if it is 100%. I asked the bee if there was something I could do for it.

Weirdo .... I just received .... no I'm just here for company so you are not alone.

How does life get better than that? How special am I that a bee has come to keep me company?

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting Helen! You are the second person this week who has been stalked by a bee! A finch sized one? I want to see a photo of that! Apparently bees are about "Fertility and the Honey of Life,Accomplishing the Impossible" How does it get any better than that!?

    ReplyDelete