Friday 31 May 2013


Horses aren’t just horses ... they communicate and they are so eager to please.

Some of you know my story ... I’m a DV survivor and now I’d go so far as to say I’m a thriver or at least a work in progress to something much greater . So for me it’s about sharing how to go from Victim to Survivor to Thriver. Sure it was tough for a while. I’m so grateful to those that were always there and I mean always. Thank you. Now I’d like to be the one to gift back. I’m doing a horse handling course. It has built my confidence amazingly. I recommend it to any who know abuse.
The horse – has two names; his rescuer/owner calls him “Pippy” and for some of us we call him “Monsier Megladon (Msr)” he’s amazing. He’s strong and he’s tough and he shows me how strong sometimes by kicking and standing. I can lean on him and I’ve held his head in my hands and as he’s let all the weight go so that I know he trusts me. Do you have any idea what it’s like to feel trust .... Wow!! Tears are streaming down my face as I write this. This amazing strong beast has the gentlest nature and I know if he did not want to play ball with me or run after me like a puppy I could not get him too, he’s too strong even for me and I’m a big strong girl. He’s beautiful really beautiful when he trots the power is just amazing and did I mention beautiful.

I’ve learned to brush him. To walk around the back behind him. To lead him. To run with him. To command him to walk 4 steps, then stop on the 5th count. Amazing. He runs behind me when I ask and he runs beside me like an organised event. It’s beautiful, it’s touching and I have much gratitude for it all. This majestic strong beast that could easily bowl me over gives himself entirely to me.
He knows what abuse is. He was rescued from the “doggers”. His old owners could not control him and yet with the teaching of Gary and Divina he is now gifting back. We can all gift, we can all learn and we can all choose to change. There is always another possibility if you choose it, like I have.

For me, I went into this to be more self assured around strong beings. Who’d have thought playing ball would bring that? It’s not all play although in truth I don’t call any of it work. Of course there’s a fee to the farm and Davina and there’s the fee for the horse carrots, that’s his payment plan and it’s cool for me. We say hello and a couple of carrots of course, then I halter him, walk him to the grooming rail, brush his coat and feet and mane, clean his hooves. I didn’t do all that the first day. Each process is taken one step at a time. Then we go and do ground work (handling) walk, trot, stop, turn, barrel hug, diamond steps and cross those hooves. All of it is fun and all to learn how to handle a horse on the ground. I have not ridden him. Then it’s ball playing. Then it’s us time, just him and me, and the carrots of course and we just be space with one another for a few minutes. It’s magic. I’m gifted and so is he. We both are having another choice to make more of us in this life. Amazing!
Because of this confidence two new things have occurred for me.

One is Davina and I are going to co-host a “Confidence”  class in July 9.30ish til 2.30 ish with a share lunch in the middle. We’ll brush, and run and play too. If I can do it anyone can. I was shaking and with tears the first day. Now I pick up his hoof and clear it out. It’s magic. Let me know if you are interested.
The other is - I've always liked networking. It's had a wrap sheet for some, though not for me, and besides that was the past, even Myer changed over the years. I like that people get together and chat about what they do over coffee. For me, I'm interested. If you buy something great, if not, have a chat that's great too. So for me it's win win. I'm having my first coffee night, yes the new confident me, at my home tonight (Logan City) 6.30 - 8pm and I've invited a very small group just to test ... Hey I'm nervous. Hey if no one shows up I’ve coffee and fresh lamingtons. If you're interested let me know and I'll invite you next time. Guest Speakers John & Chez Burton "How to build a dream". The plan is to do them 2 or 3 times a week different days and times. If you have a preference .... Let me know ........ Now that I’m always up for coffee and a chat :)

Being with this amazing horse has taught me to respect myself, and to be present. He is stronger than me and if I’m not present he might get hurt or me and that just won’t do. I’ve built a relationship with a male energy, I never would have thought that possible again. Ok he’s not people, he’s a horse, yet I’m better with people too. I don’t stammer anymore and I walk like I’m present. Head up, shoulders back and uplift the body and man is that fun when we’re running. I so enjoy it. I enjoy living. I have much gratitude for the choice to be present as a present to both of us J
Thanks again for reading. Always up for a chat .......... Helen     www.beeu.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment