Sunday 7 April 2013




Communication .... what is it really?

I recently went out to a farm to “meet the horses”. Well I’m up for different this year and I’m doing something very different regularly including walking with seagulls and talking with bees. I’ve never been into horses. They always made me shake and I misidentified that as fear. I’m not a child I know what fear is guns, bombings and then violent assaults from those that say “love”.  This was none of that. I was excited and I’d misidentified it. Yes. I’m stoooopid.

So here it was my invitation. “come and meet the horses” Hmmm I thought .... different “meet the horses” “they’ve been told you are coming” hmmmmm sounds kind of out there don’t you think?

Wow!! I asked a question, just randomly. What will I take? This barrage of carrots formed in my heads. I was going to take apples. Well as soon as I arrived I was greeted with “well done, all the horses like carrots, not all the horses like apples”. I roared with laughter and that is how my day began. Yes it was early, horses believe early is the only time.

I was introduced to five amazing creatures. The first, took the carrot and promptly spat half of it out. “he likes doing that, he thinks it’s funny” I was told as I picked up the broken carrot and fed it too him he winked. Hmmmm. The second was shy and retiring, and I coaxed her, come on it’s just a carrot. So she came over and took it and returned to her space. The third was cheeky, he’d already started banging on the door .... come on my turn, come on to me, I like carrots, he swung his head like I’d never seen before to make sure he took in all of everything going on. He has a very cheeky nature. The fourth a pretty. The family goat stood in front of her, me first for carrots then her. So I shared a big carrot between them. They are friends. Ha ha ha all my thoughts being confirmed by the farm owner.

Then I met him. He was handsome and proud and very commanding. He breathed out as we would when were meeting someone that’s hmmmmm stooooopid. I know I’m stoooopid (meaning - lack of awareness, I’m a work in progress). He was so patient and kind. I knew he’d be the one to show me how to be around horses. He was lead out of the stall by the owner and he showed me he was strong and that was lesson number one. I brushed him and his coat was so soft. I had no idea. What had I been waiting for all these years? I lead him around and I leaned on him. I put my hands on him, both of them. I told him I thought he was very handsome and I asked him if he’d teach me how to be around horses. He gave me a picture in my head of mountains and streams of grass and of wind and I knew he’d gifted me a freedom and a definite yes. How did I get to be so lucky?

We had a great introduction I’m going back for more a six week course in handling. For me, not him. Ha ha ha ha  After all what is communication. Is it speech or is it energy? A baby has no speech and yet everyone knows exactly what they require. A horse cannot speak, yet I clearly understood everything he was saying. What had I been waiting for all those years?

5 comments:

  1. Love horses, I was lucky enough to spend two years living in a resort in Fiji that had horseriding for the guests, but I spent more time with them than anyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Nikki. Thanks for your comments. I too am awakening to a consciousness I'd not know existed. It's wonderful to be in oneness with animals, trees and the ocean. What's surprising me is the level of extent that occurs when other beings choose it too. I wonder what it will take to awaken the majority? :) I wish for you laughter and health, I'm seing him tomorrow :) Helen

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful experience, I can so relate. I did a 12 week course in 2011 where I learned to just 'be' with the horses. I blogged about my experiences, they were profound. I know your six week course will change your life. The horses know just how to get to the core of things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leanne. Thanks for your comments. I am awakening to a consciousness I'd not know existed. It's wonderful to be in oneness with animals, trees and the ocean. What's surprising me is the level of extent that occurs when others beings choose the same. I wonder what it will take to awaken the majority? I'll give him an extra carrot and a special brush thinking of you tomorrow. I wish you health and laughter

      Delete