Thursday 26 April 2012

Hi. I didn't post yesterday as a mark of respect for the men and women that enabled us to have. I personally am grateful to each one. Thank you.

Today 26th April.  .. I share ....
My aunt, my mother's younger sister ... I simply called her Aunty.
She was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer in 2005 and her prognosis was not good, 6 months at best, they said. It was suggested to her by one who loved her to eat fresh food and take 1/4 teaspoon of Manuka honey every day. Aunty did not like honey, yet, she took it as suggested, face squinched every day. This, along with her very positive attitued enabled her 5 great healthy years. On her transition bed and I call it that as, in my opinion, she simply left this realm. I was there standing beside her, my hands on her body to reasure her through touch, she was loved, we those of us that loved her and stood at her side, gave her permission to leave. "It's ok ... you may go now ... so you no longer have pain". It was 1pm in the afternoon, it was a fine sunny day outside. The room went dark as if a light was turned off, her breath went from her body and Aunty shrunk just a little. That moment a beautiful white teardrop light about the size of a new baby simply left the room.

From Essence of Helen
I feel honoured to have known her, and, blessed to have been part of her transition.

Just for today ... love the ones you can
Just for today ... kiss one more kiss
Just for today ... ask "What else is possible"
Orange hybiscus blooming in the garden as I write.     .... How does it get better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment