Friday 27 April 2012

Hi - Welcome to Friday 27th - as usual for me I'm awake and writing. I've been working on a book for a couple of years. It is nearly finished. At the beginning I had no idea the journey would take so long, however like all things one can not predict the outcome until it arrives. Today I would share with you a peom I wrote in January 2012.

Essence of Helen – Jan 2012
... Droplet in the sun

The rain drops fell heavily within the mist of time and space unknown
Watching them fall through magical lights they seemed to come alive to these eyes
Down and down they came and what I felt was balance and harmony remain
I drew in my breath slowly with determination to understand what it meant to feel right

They all seems to stop mid air to me and look one directly deep within my being
Within this visionary space there were many fragmented moments of gentleness
Deepening my internal breaths slowing my thoughts keeping my knowledge of kindness
I remained still breathing deeply caught in each droplet as if it was part of who I am

They brought a gift a presence a moment of the deep peace we all seem to search for
While I stood and remained my gratitude for life replenished by each droplet
Did you ever question the purpose for life your reason for being on this planet
I have questioned I have felt unwanted I have felt of no value and I known unworthiness

There standing I watch the rain for what seemed no time at all yet others passed before me
When had it come to be that I had felt so invisible to those that were before
Dare I change dare I grasp the droplet dare I reach out to these freely given gifts
I held out my hand and felt peace deep within I walked forward and was drowned by rain

Then wet and empty of pain I stopped and looked beyond to a tree that had stood before me
Where had it come from it had not been there before           Do trees just appear
Destiny before me I realised it had always been I was just too clouded for it to be revealed
I had journeyed through the darkness through the fire through the hate and now I stood wet & clean

The flames had been extinguished the pain had been replaced with kindness
Why had it taken so long for this to occur         Where were these gifts before this moment
Don’t you know little one, they were always there   it was your journey yours alone to find them
I realised like lightning crashing the ground it was me it was my life and me    the tree

Then suddenly I noticed the droplets upon the leaves of this great tree
Where there had been darkness and scars from the fire there was now light and great gentleness
Darkness had diminished external light shed it’s rays and even the scars looked good looked softer
I watched the sun through the droplets and noticed the rainbow of colour it caught

The sphere of each small wet drop was perfect and beautiful and as they should be
Why had it taken all this time I watched and the answer came the droplet shed a light on me
Dark fills one until one has journeyed to kindness the road unsteady until one finds their own truth
I understood the meaning and for the first time I realised I was also the precious droplet in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment